You must complete the Registration Form before downloading the Personal History Statement.
NOTE: IF you are returning to download a PHS - DO NOT complete another Registraion Form!
If you haven't: Click Here for Required Registration Form Then Download the Personal History Statement.
Instructions for Processing the Personal History Statement
- Download and Print Personal Statement.
- Read General Instructions on Personal History Statement before completing the statement.
- Complete the Personal History Statement.
- Omitting any information on the personal history statement or any other document, is grounds for disqualification. Be sure to include All previous and current residences, including military residences, military history, employment information, etc.
- You must bring your Personal History Statement in person with either your high school diploma or, if you have a G.E.D. bring it plus college transcipts for the 45 college hours you attended.
- Take the documents to the Personel Division on the second floor at Dallas Police Headquarters, 1400 South Lamar Street. You may arrive any time between 9AM and 4PM. You will receive a preliminary interview. See link below for a map.
Download Personal History Form as an Adobe Acrobat .PDF
You must have Adobe Acrobat Reader Download Reader
Download a Map to Dallas Police Headquarters--1400 S. Lamar
PERSONAL HISTORY MUST BE RECEIVED IN PERSON. DO NOT EMAIL, FAX, OR MAIL.
IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS, please contact Lt. Ed Jones at 214-725-4000 or send an email to your Recruiter.